The Archival Resources for Catholic Collections (ARCC) Repository Working Group invites you to attend its first symposium series.
TOPIC: The various types of repositories serving religious archives. A review of solutions available to institutions with diminishing numbers, and practical advice on selecting a repository.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Religious leaders, archivists, and scholars, anywhere in the world.
WHEN: November 12 at 12:00-1:15 p.m. EST (5:00 p.m. BST)
● Consolidated Archives: David Miros, Jesuit Archives and Research Center, St. Louis, Missouri
● Diocesan Archives: Tricia Pyne, The Associated Archives of St. Mary’s Seminary and University, Baltimore, Maryland
● University Archives: Nadia Nasr and Erin Louthen, Santa Clara University, California
● Public Repository: Carey Pallister, Sisters of St. Ann, Royal BC Museum and Archives, Victoria, Canada
● Collaborative Archives: Malachy McCarthy, Claretian Missionaries Archives, Chicago, Illinois
REGISTER BEFORE NOVEMBER 5: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z7DZR2Z
The purpose of the ARCC Repository Working Group is to develop guidance and best practices for collaborations between communities and/or academic institutions. Areas of consideration include defining responsibilities for shared or deposited collections, assistance with financial support, descriptive standards, and privacy and access concerns. If you would like to become active in ARCC and join our google group, contact email@example.com.